Most of my writing has been in the form of course materials for my work as a trainer.
I also write on peace and social justice issues, particularly Israel-Palestine, where I travelled with Interfaith Peace-Builders in 2014, after years of studying that troubled area. And now I feel more freedom to reflect on and write about matters affecting us all on a more direct level, like apology and forgiveness.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. CONFLICT ENGAGEMENT
A Metaphor for Process: Culturally-sensitive ways of Dispute Resolution
II. PEACE & JUSTICE ISSUES
Letter to Michael Enright: The Sunday Edition (portions read on his show) January, 2016
BDS: What is it about, exactly? November, 2015
A few Facts about Israel-Palestine
What Jewish Voice for Peace Means to me as a Non-Jewish Ally
Dear Mr.(Joe) Klein
How Many Children Will We Sacrifice?
Scorching of the Soul
Reflections (on a Journey to Israel-Palestine)
Israel-Palestine: Hard Conversations
A series of 650 word articles written for Hornby Island’s First Edition exploring one of the world’s most intractable conflicts from a Restorative Justice /Mediator perspective.
- Getting Started
- Zionism: What is it?
- Myths about Israel-Palestine
- How & Why a Mediator “took the blow” in 1948
- How a Mediator Frames Issues
- What exactly are the “Occupied Territories” (oPt) anyway?
- A Jewish Democratic State: Myth or Reality?
- The General’s Son, by Miko Peled
- “Facts” playwright comes to Hornby Island
- Breaking the Silence: Israeli Soldiers talk about the Occupied Territories
- A Few Closing Thoughts
Israel-Palestine Hard Conversations Revisited
On Apology and Forgiveness